Doctrine of Tracy Creek Memorial Church
1. THE SCRIPTURES: We believe that the Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God and that it is our supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
II Timothy 3:16-17 II Peter 1:19-21
2. THE GODHEAD: We believe there is one God existing in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
I John 5:7
3. THE FATHER: We believe in God the Father; perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, measureless in power. We rejoice that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him by faith in Jesus Christ.
James 1:17 John 14:13 Acts 16:31
4. THE SON: We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, that He was conceived of the Holy Ghost, born of a virgin, and lived a virtuous life. We believe in His atoning death and bodily resurrection and that He is now at the right hand of God as our Priest and Advocate.
Luke 1:30-35 Luke 24:39 I Corinthians 15:4 Acts 7:56 Hebrews 4:14
5. HOLY GHOST: We believe that the Holy Ghost is a Divine Person, equal with God the Father and God the Son and of the same nature; and was active in the creation. In His relation to the unbelieving world He restrains the evil one - Satan - until God's purpose has been fulfilled. He convicts of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and He witnesses to the truth of the gospel in preaching and testimony. He is the agent in the New Birth and indwells, endues, guides, teaches, witnesses, and sanctifies the believer.
John 16:8-11 John 14:16-17 Romans 8:14 Romans 8:26-27
6. DEVIL: We believe in the personality of Satan; that he is the unholy god of this age, the author of all the powers of darkness, and is destined to judgment in the lake of fire.
II Corinthians 4:4 Revelation 20:10
7. CREATION: We believe the Genesis account of creation; that man came by direct creation of God and not by evolution.
Genesis 1 and 2 John 1:3
8. FALL OF MAN: We believe that man was created in innocence, but by voluntary transgression fell from his sinless and happy state. In consequence of which, all mankind are now sinners, by nature and by choice; therefore, under just condemnation without defense of excuse. This necessitates the need of New Birth, made possible by the substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ through His Blood.
Genesis 3:1-6, 24 Romans 5:19 Romans 3:10-19
9. JUSTIFICATION: We believe that salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men. Those who repent of their sins and receive Him by faith are born again by the Holy Ghost; thereby obtaining the gift of eternal life and becoming the children of God.
John 3:3, 6, 7 Acts 16:31 Ephesians 2:1 II Corinthians 5:17 John 5:24
10. SANCTIFICATION: We believe that it is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Ghost, live a pure and Godly life, given up to the glory of God and the service of mankind.
I Thessalonians 4:3 I Thessalonians 5:23 Acts 26:18
11. ORDINANCES: We believe that God's Word commands every believer (and only believers) to be baptized. We believe that the ordinance of the Lord's Supper should be observed as Christ said, "In remembrance of me" (of His body and shed blood for us) by believers only.
Acts 8:36-39 Romans 6:4 I Corinthians 11:23-30
12. DIVINE HEALING: We believe that it is a Christian's privilege to ask of God for healing of the body.
13. GREAT COMMISSION: We believe that the Church of Christ has been commissioned by the Lord to witness and preach the gospel to all nations.
14. RIGHTEOUSNESS AND WICKED: We believe in the everlasting bliss of the saved and the conscious separation from God of those who reject the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
John 3:36 John 5:28-29
15. SECOND COMING: We believe in the pre-millennial coming of the Lord.
First, to rapture His Church.
I Thessalonians 4:16 Philippians 3:20-21
Second, to return to the earth with His Church to accomplish the yet unfulfilled prophecies concerning His people Israel.
Acts 1:11 John 14:3